Prospective Families – Get to Know Lake
5th Grade Families – Get to know Lake at these upcoming events:
- Lake Fright Night- Friday, October 25, 5:00 – 7:00 pm – Free and open to the community! Join us for Trick-or-Treating, tours of our “haunted” tunnel, a scary movie in our historic auditorium, and lots of fun! Costumes encouraged.
- Prospective Family Information Night – Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 6:00 – 7:30 pm at Lake Middle School
- Prospective Family Information Night – Thursday, January 23, 2020, 6:00 – 7:30 pm at Lake Middle School
* No RSVP necessary for the above events. Tours will be offered during Info Nights
Click here to see the 2019-20 Lake Info Flyer.
CONOZCA A LAKE
- Lake Fright Night viernes, 25 de octubre, 2019 5:00 – 7:00 pm en Lake – Libre y abierto a la comunidad. Trick or Treating, Lake Tunnel Tours (tarifa pequeña), Película divertida y terrorífica, Disfraces animados
- Noche Informativa para Futuras Familias martes, 12 de noviembre, 2019, 6:00 – 7:30 pm – en Lake
- Noche Informativa para Futuras Familias jueves, 23 de enero, 2020, 6:00 – 7:300 pm – en Lake
* Ningún RSVP es necesario para ninguno de estos eventos
Haga clic aquí para ver el folleto informativo de Lake de 2019-2020
Shadowing Opportunities at Lake:
Lake offers an opportunity for 5th graders to spend time at Lake Middle School. Shadowing students are paired with a 6th grade Lake Scholar, attend classes with that student and get an inside look at student life at Lake. Students should bring a free-reading book, notebook and pencil.
Shadowing takes place on Tuesday mornings from 7:25am-9:45am. Shadowing Opportunities are available October through February. Space is extremely limited.
Please CLICK HERE to request a Shadowing Opportunity
La escuela Lake, le ofrece la oportunidad a los estudiantes del 5to. grado de pasar tiempo en Lake. Los estudiantes que vienen de oyentes, se les asigna un estudiante anfitrión del 6to. grado para que asistan a clases y vean como es la vida de estudiante en la escuela Lake. Los estudiantes pueden traer un libro para leer, cuaderno y lápiz. Para hablar con alguien en español, comuníquese con Elvia Lubin a firstname.lastname@example.org o 720-424-0269 con cualquier pregunta.
Haga CLIC AQUI para solicitar una oportunidad de visitar la escuela como oyente.
Lake Middle School Tours:
Daytime Lake tours are offered on most Tuesdays October through January. Tours run from 9:25am-9:45am. 5th graders are welcomed to attend with parent/guardian. If you would like to participate in a scheduled tour, please contact Jeannine Schneider at 720-424-0288 or Jeannine_schneider@dpsk12.org to request a tour appointment. Tours are also offered during Prospective Family Information Nights, and occasionally after school hours by request.
WHAT MAKES LAKE RIGHT FOR YOUR STUDENT:
- A family-oriented culture of high academic and behavior expectations, caring, respect and fun!
- Outstanding school leadership and committed, involved, caring teachers
- 1-to-1 Technology School – every student receives their own Chromebook for use at school and at home
- Learning Families provide peer support and intentional adult mentoring
- Weekly progress reports means constant communication with parents and student accountability
- An environment and structures fostering academic success
- Comprehensive Special Education programs
- Twice yearly Lake Cares Day
- DPS dress code
- Exceptional resources for nurturing students’ Social/Emotional needs
- Dedicated Gifted and Talented programming
- Daily reading intervention as needed
- Daily math intervention as needed
- Robust English language acquisition supports
- City Year support means additional adult in most core classes
- Tutoring available 5 days/week for extra help after school
- Huge, light-filled library
- Comprehensive Spanish-language programming, including Spanish Language Arts and Spanish Language Social Studies
- Customized learning plans and hand built schedules
- Weekly community-building assemblies with academic and attendance awards
- After school clubs, sports, and community events
WHOLE CHILD EDUCATION
- 3 Daily Electives on each student’s schedule including Band, Choir, P.E., STEM, Visual Art, Spanish, Drama, Leadership, Yearbook & Photography, Newspaper & Journalism, Creative Writing, and many others
- A student dean for each grade level, two full-time social workers, a full-time counselor, and part-time psychologist support the social/emotional health of students
- An in-school Denver Health Clinic and school nurse to support physical health
- DPS Middle School Sports:
GIRLS: Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Softball
BOYS: Soccer, Basketball, Baseball
CO-ED: Cheer Squad, Cross Country, Flag Football, Tackle Football
- Collaborations with Colorado Uplift, City Year, and Project Exodus bring unique opportunities for engagement and character building
- Two school gardens supported by Big Green and Denver Urban Gardens