Prospective Families – Get to Know Lake
5th Grade Families – Get to know Lake at these upcoming events:
- Lake Fright Night- Tuesday, October 30, 2018, 5:30 – 7:30 pm – Free and open to the community. Trick or Treating, Lake Tunnel Tours (small fee), Fun, scary movie, Costumes encouraged
- Prospective Family Information Night – Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 6:30 – 8:00 pm at Lake Middle School
- Prospective Family Information Night – Thursday, January 10, 2019, 6:30 – 8:00 pm at Lake Middle School
* No RSVP necessary for the above events. Tours will be offered during Info Nights
Click here to see the 2018-19 Lake Info Flyer.
CONOZCA A LAKE
- Lake Fright Night martes, 30 de octubre, 2018 5:30 – 7:30 pm en Lake – Libre y abierto a la comunidad. Trick or Treating, Lake Tunnel Tours (tarifa pequeña), Película divertida y terrorífica, Disfraces animados
- Noche Informativa para Futuras Familias martes, 6 de noviembre, 2018, 6:30 – 8:00 pm – en Lake
- Noche Informativa para Futuras Familias jueves, 10 de enero, 2019, 6:30 – 8:00 pm – en Lake
* Ningún RSVP es necesario para ninguno de estos eventos
Haga clic aquí para ver el folleto informativo de Lake de 2018-19
Shadowing Opportunities at Lake:
Lake offers an opportunity for 5th graders to spend time at Lake Middle School. Shadowing students are paired with a 6th grade Lake Scholar, attend classes with that student and get an inside look at student life at Lake. Students should bring a free-reading book, notebook and pencil.
Shadowing takes place on Thursday afternoons from 11:55 am – 3:10 pm. Shadowing Opportunities are available October through February. Space is extremely limited.
Please CLICK HERE to request a Shadowing Opportunity
La escuela Lake, le ofrece la oportunidad a los estudiantes del 5to. grado de pasar tiempo en Lake. Los estudiantes que vienen de oyentes, se les asigna un estudiante anfitrión del 6to. grado para que asistan a clases y vean como es la vida de estudiante en la escuela Lake. Los estudiantes pueden traer un libro para leer, cuaderno y lápiz. Para hablar con alguien en español, comuníquese con Elvia Lubin a firstname.lastname@example.org o 720-424-0269 con cualquier pregunta.
Haga CLIC AQUI para solicitar una oportunidad de visitar la escuela como oyente.
Lake Middle School Tours:
Daytime Lake tours and short information sessions are offered on most Thursdays October through February. Tours are at 2:00 pm and Info Session from 2:45 – 3:15 pm. 5th graders are welcomed to attend with parent/guardian. If you’d like to participate in a Thursday tour & info session, please contact Jeannine Dicarlantonio at 720-424-0376 or Jeannine_dicarlantonio@dpsk12.org to request a tour appointment. Tours are also offered during Prospective Family Information Nights.
WHAT MAKES LAKE RIGHT FOR YOUR STUDENT:
- A family-oriented culture of high academic and behavior expectations, caring, respect and fun!
- Outstanding school leadership and committed, involved, caring teachers
- 1-to-1 Technology School – every student receives their own Chromebook for use at school and at home
- Learning Families provide peer support and intentional adult mentoring
- Weekly progress reports means constant communication with parents and student accountability
- An environment and structures fostering academic success
- Comprehensive Special Education programs
- Flexible dress code keeps Lake Scholars’ focused on academics
- Exceptional resources for nurturing students’ Social/Emotional needs
- Honors course options in Math and Language Arts for all grades
- Daily reading and/or math intervention as needed
- Robust English language acquisition supports
- City Year support means additional adult in most core classes
- Teachers’ Office Hours 3 days/week for extra help after school
- Huge, light-filled library
- Comprehensive Spanish-language programming – 2 full-time teachers
- Customized learning plans and hand built schedules
- Weekly community-building assemblies with academic and attendance awards
- After school Pre-Collegiate and Career exploration class
WHOLE CHILD EDUCATION
- Three daily elective classes on each student’s schedule
- Elective choices include: Band, Choir, P.E., STEM, Visual Art, Spanish, Drama, Leadership, Yearbook & Photography, Newspaper & Journalism, Creative Writing, and many others
- DPS Middle School Sports: GIRLS: Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Softball BOYS: Soccer, Basketball, Baseball CO-ED: Cheer Squad, Cross Country, Flag Football, Tackle Football
- Daily tutoring, homework help and after-school classes like STEM Learning, arts and culture, leadership and much more in the Mi Casa Resource Center
- Summer camps tailored to students’ interests including weekly field trips
- Travel opportunities! 7th/8th grade trip to Washington DC & Philadelphia. Travel opportunities to Spanish-speaking countries.